The Cheetham and Crumpsall Welcome Centre is based in Trinity United Church on Cheetham Hill Road. It was set up by local Health Visitors, the Black Health Agency, Cheetham Parish and other organisations. Its vision is to provide individuals and families new to the area (and not so new!) with a friendly environment where they can receive advice, resources to improve their way they live, healthy food and snacks, and a place for children to play.
CCWC is open for two half-days a week: from 13.00-16.00 on Thursday and from 10.30-13.30 on Friday.
Currently the centre provides:
- information and support to access health services and other health related information
- legal advice on a number of issues
- advice on employment, training, education, volunteering, benefits & entitlements, housing, immigration, domestic violence, etc.
- signposting to local service providers
- support on parenting issues
- activities for parents/carers and young people
- emotional support and befriending for new arrivals
- development opportunities for volunteers
- form-filling support
- person-centred counselling
- good quality second-hand clothing and household goods
- healthy snacks and drinks
- access to interpreters/bilingual volunteers/language line
Please check back soon to find out more about the Welcome Centre and current activities, and to find out more about our staff, volunteers and regular visitors.